Tweaking your own Latex template for a PhD dissertation is a rite of passage/time waster for most PhD candidates. There are lots of templates around on the Internet too, of varying quality.
I spent a fair bit of time
procrastinating perfecting the template used for my thesis. I’ve pulled out all the unnecessary bits and put it up on GitHub. Hopefully some other poor PhD student will find it useful. This template is itself based on styles developed by Peter Hutterer, an earlier PhD student from the Wearable Computer Lab.
This template is particularly suited to students at the University of South Australia. It meets the guidelines specified by the Graduate Research Office. That said, with some adjustments this template should be useful for anybody.
- Nice cover page
- Author’s publications
- TOC, List of Figures, Abbreviations, etc.
How to use:
- Fork and clone the GitHub repository
- Edit the information in thesis.tex
- Update images/00/author_sig.png with your own signature
- Update images/00/uni.png with your university’s logo
- Add your publications as citations in 00-publications.tex
- Tweak the styles as necessary
- Write your damn thesis!
I’m happy to accept Pull Requests for improvements on this template.